For over 16 years, ABC Group has been a leading provider of behavioral treatment on Oahu, Hawaii. ABC Group Hawaii’s mission is to make lasting improvements in the lives of the children and families through the use of behavioral science. It is through this dedicated mission and our shared core values that ABC Group Hawaii commits to creating a fully inclusive environment for our patients and staff.
Science: To rely on anything less would be careless
Family: The branches grow because of the trunk
Growth: We believe that learning is always possible
Fun: Life is too short for anything else
We respect, recognize, celebrate and promote diversity in our workplace, and honor the individual differences that make each and every human unique in both our clients and our team mates here at ABC Group. We strive to create an inclusive culture where we can celebrate diversity and each human can be their authentic selves.
ABC Group Hawaii is committed to creating a culturally diverse, inclusive and collaborative community for patients and their families, employees and associates where each person is celebrated and has a sense of equal belonging.
ABC Group embraces and honors diversity and equity by providing Increased Access to Services for the multicultural children (and their families) of Oahu by providing treatment and help to diverse populations in an urban environment where socioeconomic challenges may be abundant on Oahu, Hawaii.
We promote Diversity Across the Organization by actively encouraging diversity in our hiring practices and patient intake practices to assure representation of historically underserved and underrepresented populations on the island of Oahu.
We Support Leadership & Staff with Ongoing Education by providing ongoing education regarding diversity and inclusion among all employees via professional development opportunities and inservice training.
We Promote Positive Dialogue by embracing diverse experiences and backgrounds and strive to continually create an organization where each person feels welcomed and valued. We promote dialogue for all employees at ABC Group through both structured face-to-face sessions as well as a company culture of welcoming feedback. We recognize that we all have a long way to go, however, we commit to being better each day.
We Invest in Our Communities by providing value and support in the communities in which we provide services through maintaining high standards of care for patients and their families. We provide the services in the community where patients live when possible and when clinically relevant.
The Hawaiian Islands are a unique archipelago of cultural diversity. Being in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, it’s no surprise that Hawaii’s population is a blend of many cultures. The United States of America is fondly referred to as a melting pot. But the state of Hawaii best exemplifies the phenomenon with the widest variety of races and ethnicities in the US. According to the census, of Hawaii’s residents 42.1.% were Asian, 21% Caucasian, 10% Pacific Islander, 10.4% Hispanic and roughly 2.7% African American. One can attribute cultural diversity in Hawaii to its rich history of immigration. Hawaii is indeed a melting pot of cultures.
ABC Group abides by the following action items to help promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace:
- Pursue cultural competency throughout our organization by creating substantive learning opportunities and formal, transparent self-reflective and evaluative practices and policies.
- Generate and aggregate (quantitative and qualitative) data related to diversity, equity, and inclusion to make measurable progress toward the visibility of our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
- Improve our leadership pipeline by creating and supporting programs and policies that foster leadership that reflects the diversity of the community we serve.
- Develop a system for being more intentional and conscious of bias during the hiring, promoting, or evaluating process. Train our hiring team, managers, and senior leadership on equitable practices.
- Develop and improve upon processes to ameliorate and remove unconscious bias in our customer service. Train all employees on equitable practices.