SCHOOL AGE PROGRAMS
Intermediate to School Supplement Service
At ABC Group we offer individualized learning experiences for a diverse array of school-age students. We offer targeted opportunities that promote the academic achievement and social/behavioral development of students who benefit from a smaller, supportive and data driven learning environment.
We offer social skills instruction when your child attends ABC Group to facilitate the building of social understanding skills for children pre-school aged through high school. Instruction includes the following topics through lessons and activities:
- Conversation Topic Initiation and Topic Maintenance
- Listening with our Eyes and Brain and Body
- Understanding the Perspectives of Others (Theory of Mind)
- Understanding and Using Body Language
- Problem Solving, Negotiation and Compromise with Peers
- Increasing Flexibility and Executive Functioning
Intermediate programs are preparing children to benefit from a transition to typical preschool or general education, these are ideally full day. After this transition has been made, School Supplement service is generally provided 2:00pm-5:00pm.
Typical goals for this profile include:
- Complex language concepts such as; prepositions, adverbs, past/future tenses
- Intraverbal/Conversation skills
- Manding/Asking for information, missing items, with peers, etc.
- Responding to multi-step directions, group instruction and pre-academic work
As you may know, kids on the autism spectrum or with developmental or behavioral challenges do not succeed in general education classrooms for a variety of reasons. Children may exhibit behaviors which impede their learning, lack fluency of responding, or be generally unmotivated by a past history of being unsuccessful in school. We call this a worsening set of conditions and these kids learn to avoid them pretty well!
Academic Acceleration Program
Our students in the ACCEL program are engaged in developmentally appropriate, data-driven, individualized learning programs that put them on a path to achieving learning success.
This program is suitable for students who are capable of learning in an Elementary inclusive setting, but may require a more thorough analysis of learning problems.
- Closing of academic gaps in math, reading, comprehension, and handwriting
- Reduction in disruptive or off-task behavior
- Confidence and enjoyment of learning
Let’s get started!
Ok, ready to get started? In order to know what to teach your child, we will need to do an assessment to determine a starting point for teaching. You can call our office to first schedule a parent orientation and then once you attend this important meeting, you will receive an intake packet which you will then fill out and return to us. You will want to include some videos of your child so we can get a sneak peak of your child in order to prepare for evaluation. At this point, we can schedule an intake assessment and get started with ABA!